Vegan Vegetable Pie
This wholesome, warming dish is perfect for a family meal and also good for gatherings of friends or for special occasions. It looks so impressive and yet is deliciously easy to make.
‣ 2 carrots
‣ 2 zucchini
‣ 2 parsnips (if available)
‣ 1 large sweet potatoes
‣ 1 turnip (if available)
‣ Handful of green beans
‣ 5 medium button mushrooms
‣ 1 large onion
‣ 2 cloves of garlic
‣ 1 large cauliflower
‣ 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
‣ 1 teaspoon of thyme (optional)
‣ 1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
‣ Ground black pepper to taste
1) Sauté vegetables in a pan. Use either a little olive oil or white wine if avoiding oil
2) Boil the cauliflower separately for about ten minutes, drain water and mash in a blender adding a pinch of salt and pepper.
3) Put the vegetables in a Pyrex and add spices/herbs.
4) Pour the cauliflower mash on top
5) Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes