Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranates
This is a beautiful dish that will add colour to any meal and definitely livens up Brussel sprouts for any occasion. Tasty, quick to make and very nutritious, this will make you fall in love with these delightful baby cabbages all over again.
‣ 3 tablespoons of Olive oil
‣ Sea salt to taste
‣ Handful of Crushed Walnuts
‣ 3 Tablespoons pine nuts
‣ 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
‣ A pinch of Cinnamon
‣ Approximately 1 cup of Fresh Pomegranates seeds (or again, more if desired)
‣ ½ cup of water or vegetable stock water
1) Wash and cut sprouts in half
2) Coat a pan with olive oil
3) Cook sprouts in a pan until slightly bronzed at the edges
4) Add salt, pepper and cinnamon
5) Stir for few minutes until sprout are cooked
6) Add walnuts and pine nuts
7) And a bit of water to the mix to help cook and so the ingredients do not stick to the pan
8) Take out the mixture from the pan and place in a bowl and let it cool a bit then add Pomegranates.
9) Mix together and serve.