Carrot and Taro Root (Kolokasi) Soup
If you are bored with your regular soup choices, yet looking for a creamy, tasty and filling soup, then look no further. This interesting soup will be sure to fill you up, especially on winter days.
‣ 7 medium size carrots
‣ 2 big Taro Roots (Kolokasi)
‣ 1 medium onion
‣ 2 cloves of garlic
‣ 4cm chunk of peeled ginger, grated
‣ 1/4 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
‣ Pinch of black pepper
‣ 6 cups Vegetable stock water
1) Sauté onion, garlic and ginger together in a little olive oil until golden.
2) Add carrots and Taro Root and sauté for a further 5 minutes
3) Add seasoning and a stir in for another minute.
4) Pour over water with vegetable stock. Bring to boil and then simmer for 20 minutes until very soft.
5) Blend and serve hot.