top of page
Carrot and Taro Root (Kolokasi) Soup
If you are bored with your regular soup choices, yet looking for a creamy, tasty and filling soup, then look no further. This interesting soup will be sure to fill you up, especially on winter days.
‣ 7 medium size carrots
‣ 2 big Taro Roots (Kolokasi)
‣ 1 medium onion
‣ 2 cloves of garlic
‣ 4cm chunk of peeled ginger, grated
‣ 1/4 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
‣ Pinch of black pepper
‣ 6 cups Vegetable stock water
1) Sauté onion, garlic and ginger together in a little olive oil until golden.
2) Add carrots and Taro Root and sauté for a further 5 minutes
3) Add seasoning and a stir in for another minute.
4) Pour over water with vegetable stock. Bring to boil and then simmer for 20 minutes until very soft.
5) Blend and serve hot.
bottom of page